Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Truck Arrives!!!

After a week and a half of sitting on the floor, eating on the floor, sleeping on air mattresses, and using a cooler rather than a refrigerator, our stuff is here!! The movers came today and unloaded the HUGE semi-truck (we were only a quarter of it) into our carport and bedrooms. Our mover's name was Darrell, and he brought his cousin Rhonda with him. Rhonda is from Trinidad and is here in the States for a two month vacation. She is wonderful! She played with Silas and helped me with the move-in documents while I was feeding Scarlett. She told me all about Trinidad, too, and  I think we have our next vacation spot :). Darrell and two men from Hot Springs, AR moved everything in for us in about three hours... now we've got about THIRTY hours of  unpacking ahead of us!!! When David got home, about half way into the move, he filled a cooler with water and let Silas play in it like he used to on our back porch in Georgia. Here, though, he found the dirt and rocks and made a very impressive mud inside the cooler. I think David gets to clean that one :).
After the movers left and the babies went down for naps (which were three hours delayed) David and I got crackin' on the boxes. We unpacked about half of the kitchen and half of the pantry, and have decided that we look like bona fide preppers. I have so much food canned from the summer, and that along with my massive Costco trip just before I left Georgia leaves for a very impressive stash!!
We've still got a LOT ahead of us, but I'm so excited about having a CHAIR to sit down in (!!!) and my rug on the floor. Something about that rug just makes it feel like home!!
Here are a few pictures from the day!!
















No comments: